Name Change and Correcting Passport Errors
Please use form DS-5504 in order to make name changes or correcting information on your passport.This form should only be used for making a data change for a previously issued, currently valid U.S. passport within one year from the date of issue:
• When there is a change in your identifying information, such as name-change due to marriage or by court order;
• To extend the validity of certain previously limited passports; or
• To correct a Passport services printing error
When submitting, please include;
• Re-application form DS-5504
• The passport to be replaced
• The documentation required for the change (see instruction on page 2 of the form)
• New photo
If it is MORE than one year since the date of issue, you must submit form DS-82 (or (DS-11, if appropriate) and pay the applicable fees. Of course, no fees are required when the cause is a printing error by Passport Services. For more information please see form DS-82.
- An appointment is necessary to apply in Ankara. To book an appointment, please follow this link
The American Citizen Services are provided between 14:00 and 16:30 pm Monday to Thursday.
You need to make an online appointment before you visit Online Appointment System
You may call (90) (312) 455 5555 or fax us on (90) (312) 466 5684.
Smart TravelerSmart Traveler Enrollment Program with the U.S. Embassy and Consulates
Useful Information along the Turkish-Syrian Border - New! (PDF 62KB)