Education & Culture
U.S. Embassy Ankara is committed to promoting academic and professional exchanges and supporting various educational programs in Turkey. Information about these programs can be found here.
The Office of English Language Programs provides professional teacher training programs worldwide to promote understanding of American language, society, culture, values and policies. It is only through a thorough understanding of each other's cultures that we can establish and maintain a foundation of international cooperation and trust.
Study in the United States
Applying to college or university in the US can be a bewildering and frustrating experience. This FAQ (PDF 743KB), created by the cultural section at the US Embassy and EducationUSA in Turkey, aims to answer Turkish students’ most common questions about applying to and successfully entering a US college or university.
- Frequently Asked Questions (PDF 743KB)
New Web Platform
- The U.S. Department of State’s EducationUSA network has revamped its web presence for international students, U.S. higher education professionals, and foreign governments and institutions at educationusa.state.gov.
- Deadline for application is August 20, 2015 (11:59 p.m. U.S. Eastern time)
- The Visiting Scholar Program is designed for academic scholars who would like to conduct a full-time research project, in their academic field, in the U.S.A. Scholars will be granted a research scholarship by the Turkish Fulbright Commission for 2016-2017 academic year. The application deadline is October 30, 2015.
- Deadline for application is Friday, August 21, 2015 untill 17:00.
- The U.S. Department of State is pleased to announce a special opportunity for emerging civil society leaders to participate in a 6-18 month professional fellowship in the United States.