Skip Global Navigation to Main Content
Skip Breadcrumb Navigation
Federal Benefits

Social Security
General Inquiries and Contact Information
Affordable Care Act
Attention to SSA Beneficiaries: Chase Debit Card Unsers--NEW
Direct Deposit Enrollment--NEW

 Social Security

The Social Security Administration (SSA) now offers online services which make it easier to apply for and manage your benefits:

The Ankara U.S. Embassy, including its consulates and the Izmir Consular Agency, is a non-claim taking post for Social Security matters. However; we can help you transfer your claims to the Athens Federal Benefits Unit on the following subjects:

  • Change of address
  • Retirement claim
  • Replacement of missing checks
  • Reporting the death of a beneficiary
  • Social Security Number applications
  • For general information on Social Security Retirement, Survivor, Disability and Medicare please see: Understanding the Benefits

General Inquires and Contact Information

Social Security Administration               
Website: Social Security Administration

Office of International Operations
P.O. Box 17758
Baltimore, MD 21235-7758
Telephone: 410-965-9398 (if claim had been filled)
Telephone: 410-597-1800 (if receiving benefits)
Fax: 410-597-1800

Federal Benefits Unit Athens
U.S. Embassy Athens
Telephone: 30-210-720-2426
Website: Athens Federal Benefits Unit
Fax: 30-210-720-0509

OPM/ Retirement Operations Center     
Website: OPM/Retirement Operations Center

Mail Management Center
P.O. Box 45
Boyers, PA 16017-0045
Telephone: 724-794-2005
Fax: 724-794-1112

VA Regional Office-Foreign Claims                  
Website: VA Regional Office-Foreign Claims

U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs 
810 Vermont Avenue, NW
Washington, DC 20420
Tel: 412-395-6272
Fax: 412-395-6057
Email: vavbapit/ro/

Rail Road Retirement Board                   
Website: Rail Road Retirement Board

844 N. Rush Street
Chicago, IL 60611-2092
Telephone: 312-751-4500
Fax: 312-751-7136

Affordable Care Act

For a discussion of the Affordable Care Act, please see U.S. Department of State’s website.