Foreign Commercial Service
The U.S. Commercial Service in Turkey
Our mission as the CS Turkey team is to build and support long-term business partnerships between U.S. and Turkish firms.
- Strong and sustainable economic growth. GDP per capita has more than tripled over the past decade. Turkey is working hard towards its goal of becoming a Top Ten economy by 2023.
- A population ready to do business. Turkey’s rising middle class has resulted in an explosion of consumer demand. The country is also home to a young, educated labor force, with over half its population under the age of thirty.
- High demand for U.S. exports. In 2011, U.S. exports to Turkey reached a record $14.7 billion. While 2012 brought a slight decline in exports ($12.6 billion), total U.S.-Turkey trade remained at a near record of more than $19 billion. This trend of increasing total trade has continued into 2013.
- Friendly climate for U.S. companies. Over 1,000 small, medium and large U.S. firms have already opened offices in Turkey. Given its close proximity to markets in Europe, the Middle East, and Central Asia, Turkey serves as a regional hub for many of these firms.
How can we help you?
From our offices in Ankara, Istanbul and Izmir, we provide a variety of services to U.S. firms such as matchmaking and promotion, market research, and a webinar series on doing business in Turkey. Our American and Turkish commercial specialists have identified key industry sectors where market demand is strong for U.S goods and services. Each year we also organize several trade missions to help U.S. companies enter high-opportunity Turkish markets.
We’re also here to connect Turkish importers with the best U.S. suppliers. Please visit our BuyUSA website (in Turkish) for more information.
The U.S Mission in Turkey, led by Ambassador Francis J. Ricciardone is committed to supporting American business in Turkey through proactive commercial diplomacy project advocacy and B2B matchmaking. Put the worldwide resources of the U.S Commercial Service in Turkey to work for your U.S business and build long-term, profitable relationships in this strategic market.
- Senior Commercial Officer Michael Lally's Welcome Message
(Length of the video: 6:20)
Embassy of the United States of America
Atatürk Bulvari No. 110
CS Ankara direct telephone:  (312) 455-7299
Embassy Switchboard:  (312) 455-5555
CS Ankara direct fax:  (312) 457-7302
"We must organize dedicated investment teams ... and we're going to actively encourage job-creating investments in the United States as a core priority." Video »
The SelectUSA 2013 Investment Summit is a first-of-its-kind, national-level engagement intended to connect businesses and investors from around the world with U.S. economic development organizations at the state, regional, and local levels. The SelectUSA 2013 Investment Summit is being hosted by the U.S. Department of Commerce, International Trade Administration, and SelectUSA, as part of a U.S. government-wide initiative to promote direct investment in the United States.
Ambassador Ricciardone and U.S. Commercial Service Turkey Meet with Eskişehir Business Community
On March 8, 2013, Commercial Counselor Michael Lally, Commercial Specialist Ihsan Muderrisoglu and Commercial Assistant Yaprak Cakilcioglu visited Eskişehir in an effort to identify the “Sabancis” of tomorrow and aid their growth through targeted business development. The program began with breakfast roundtable with Ambassador Ricciardone and representatives from some of the most successful Eskişehir firms. After the breakfast, Ambassador Ricciardone and the U.S. Commercial Service attended a seminar hosted by the Eskisehir Industrialist's and Businessmen's Association (ESIAD). During the “Doing Business with the USA in Turkey and in the Region” seminar, Ambassador Ricciardone and Commercial Counselor Michael Lally addressed the ESIAD members and encouraged stronger U.S. - Turkish business ties. Public Affairs Section colleagues ensured broad exposure in local and national press.