Information and Library Science Resources
Directory of Associations & Organizations
- Professional Associations in the Information Sciences -This is a list of links to Internet sites maintained by various professional organizations in the library and information sciences.
A Selected List of Professional Information Sciences Organizations
Other Useful Web Sites
- Copyright for Librarians - It is an online, open access curriculum on copyright law, developed in conjunction with eIFL.net (Electronic Information for Libraries). It aims to inform librarians about copyright law in general, as well as the aspects of copyright law that most affect libraries, especially those in developing and transition countries.
- C&RL NewsNet Internet Resources - Internet resources published monthly
- InformationR.net - A quality source for research on information management, information science and informations systems
- Library of Congress Online Catalog -A database of approximately 12 million records representing books, serials, computer files, manuscripts, cartographic materials, music, sound recordings, and visual materials in the Library's collections. The Online Catalog also provides references, notes, circulation status, and information about materials still in the acquisitions stage.
- Online Journals - This page contains links to journals with online content in the fields of library science, communications and computer science in alphabetical order
- Refdesk.com: The Best Source for Facts on the Net
- U.S. Government Documents Ready Reference Collection (Columbia University Libraries, Documents Service Center) - A one-stop shopping site for USG documents on the Web.
- WebContent.gov -Guide to Managing U.S. Government Websites
Last updated December 28, 2010.