Special Rules for Visa Applicants Traveling for Medical Purposes
Applicants traveling for medical purposes must submit the following documents, in addition to the new online Nonimmigrant Visa Electronic Application Form (DS-160) required to be completed via the internet at least two business days before their visa interview:
- A medical evaluation report from the U.S. treating physician, specifying the following: Procedures to be performed; Names and addresses of the treating physician, hospital, and any additional service providers (such as an anesthesiology or radiology group that will render services). The confirmed appointment date. The estimated length and cost of treatment in the U.S.
- Proof of pre-payment for the procedures that are to be performed (such as original receipts from each of the billing medical providers). In certain circumstances, financial documents demonstrating the ability to pay for medical expenses may be accepted in lieu of proof of pre-payment.
- A medical evaluation report from the Turkish physician, containing a diagnosis an explanation for why treatment in the U.S. is required.
- Detailed health report regarding medical condition from accredited Turkish physician.
- Documents demonstrating why appropriate medical treatment is not available in Turkey; OR why treatment is more advisable in the United States.
- Visa application fee receipt