Press Releases 2013
- Ex-Im Bank Approves $641 Million to Finance the Export (December 5, 2013)
- U.S. Delegation Going to Azerbaijan to Increase Caspian Bilateral Business Partnerships (November 25, 2013)
- President Obama To Address Over Sixty Country Delegations for Investment Opportunities in The United States as Part of SelectUSA Investment Summit in Washington (October 31, 2013)
- Media Note: Framework for Elimination of Syrian Chemical Weapons (September 14, 2013)
- Connect with Investment Opportunities in the United States - SelectUSA 2013 Investment Summit (September 4, 2013)
- Government Assessment of the Syrian Government’s Use of Chemical Weapons on August 21, 2013 (August 30, 2013)
- Assistant Secretary Dr. Kerri-Ann Jones Travels to Turkey (April 3, 2013)
- Statement by President Obama on Turkey and Israel (March 22, 2013)
- Visit of Department of Treasury Under Secretary Cohen to Turkey (February 27, 2013)
- Condolence Message from U.S. Ambassador to Turkey Francis J. Ricciardone (February 11, 2013)
- U.S. Deputy Secretary of Defense Dr. Ash Carter Arrives Turkey (February 4, 2013)
- Message From Ambassador Ricciardone (February 3, 2013)
- Comments from Ambassador Ricciardone at the Numune Hospital, Ankara (February 1, 2013)
- Explosion at U.S. Embassy Ankara (February 1, 2013)
- President Obama Announces $155 Million in Additional Humanitarian Assistance for the Syrian People (January 29, 2013)
- U.S. Patriots, Troops Arrive in Turkey to Support NATO Deployment (January 4, 2013)
Ex-Im Bank Approves $641 Million to Finance the Export
December 5, 2013
Washington, D.C. –The Export-Import Bank of the United States (Ex-Im Bank) has authorized a $640.7 million direct loan to Star Refineri A.S. (Star) of Istanbul, Turkey, that will finance the export of American-made oil refinery equipment.
“This important transaction will support the export of cutting-edge American equipment,” said Ex-Im Bank Chairman and President Fred P. Hochberg. “Moreover, the transaction will help a vital industry in Turkey and support 3,000 U.S. jobs across America. The growth we see in the energy sector around the globe bolsters jobs here at home.”
The American-made equipment will factor in Star’s construction of an oil refinery in Aliaga, Turkey. Upon completion in 2017, the refinery will produce crude oil in addition to various other petrochemicals, including naphtha, LPG, and xylenes.
ABOUT EX-IM BANK:
Ex-Im Bank is an independent federal agency that creates and maintains U.S. jobs by filling gaps in private export financing at no cost to American taxpayers. In the past five years (from Fiscal Year 2008), Ex-Im Bank has earned for U.S. taxpayers nearly $1.6 billion above the cost of operations. The Bank provides a variety of financing mechanisms, including working capital guarantees, export-credit insurance and financing to help foreign buyers purchase U.S. goods and services.
Ex-Im Bank approved $35.8 billion in total authorizations in FY 2012 – an all-time Ex-Im record. This total includes more than $6.1 billion directly supporting small-business export sales – also an Ex-Im record. Ex-Im Bank's total authorizations are supporting an estimated $50 billion in U.S. export sales and approximately 255,000 American jobs in communities across the country. For more information, visit http://www.exim.gov/.