U.S. Citizen Services
Applicants (including U.S. Citizens) are not able to bring in cell phones or any other electronic devices into the Embassy. Applicants will be turned away since there is no storage for electronic devices available.
Welcome to the American Citizen Services (ACS) Unit of the U.S. Embassy Ankara. We provide the following routine and emergency services and information: passport issuance and renewals, reports of birth abroad, notarial services, information for travelers, death of an American Citizen abroad, voter assistance, tax forms, living in Turkey, how to protect yourself from various types of scams and emergency services for American citizens.
The American Citizen Services Unit will not be responding to queries about Immigrant and Nonimmigrant visas.
Entry Into The Consulates
Inform yourself of what you CANNOT bring into the consulate.
Forbidden Items :
• NO Laptops
• NO Cell/Mobile Phones (including iPhone & Blackberries)
• NO Handheld Tablets (iPad or similar) or E-Readers
• NO MP3 or similar music players (iPod or similar)
• NO USB sticks/flash memory devices
• NO Cameras or Camcorders
• NO Portable Game Devices
• NO Luggage, Bags or Backpacks
• NO Bottled Liquids (including perfume & drinks)
• NO Flammable Liquids or Lighters
In addition to the list above, security may decide not to admit other unlisted items into the waiting area.