Special Rules for Student Visas
All applicants seeking student visas (F, J and M) must submit the new Online Nonimmigrant Visa Electronic Application Form (DS-160) via the internet at least two business days before their visa interview.
After completing and submitting the DS-160, applicants will receive instructions to print a confirmation page that includes biographical information and a bar code with confirmation number. Each applicant must bring the confirmation page for their application in order to be admitted to the Consular Section on the day of their visa appointment.
All new students with a Form I-20 issued on or after September 1, 2004 must pay a one-time SEVIS fee. Returning students and students transferring from one school to another do not need to pay the SEVIS fee.
Please bring in the following documents:
- Valid passport
- DS-160 - printed confirmation page only
- One photo - if you couldn't upload your photo to your electronic application form
- SEVIS fee receipt for the principle applicants
- Either Form I-20 (for F and M visas) or form DS-2019 (for J visas).
- Limited additional supporting documents may be necessary depending on visa classification.
- Receipt for visa application fee paid to a TEB Bank (Türk Ekonomi Bankası) branch
Family members (F2/J2) are not required to pay SEVIS fee. Please refer to the SEVIS web site for details. We are no longer placing the I-20/DS-2019 forms in sealed envelopes. Please do not forget to have your I-20 or DS-2019 form with you while traveling to the U.S. As the form must be given to the United States Customs Border Patrol Officer at the port of entry, do not/not place it in your checked baggage.