The U.S. Embassy in Ankara and the U.S. Consulate General in Istanbul offer Nonimmigrant visa interviews by appointment only. Please click here first before you call the Visa Information Service at +90 212-340-4444 to schedule your visa appointment. If you are an Iranian national please read the instructions located on the Iranian Applicants’ webpage.
The U.S. Embassy in Ankara offers Immigrant visa services.
If you have a medical emergency, or if you need to travel urgently to the U.S. for business, you may qualify for an emergency interview. To request an emergency interview in Ankara, you must first go online to fill out and submit the Nonimmigrant Visa Electronic Application Form (DS-160) and then call the Visa Information Service at +90 212-340-4444 to schedule the first available interview appointment in Ankara. Next you need to send an email to Caemail@example.com; your email must clearly explain your emergency and must include your personal contact information. Please write “NIV Emergency” in the subject line of your email message. We will review your request and we will send you an e-mail response. if we have denied your request, you may keep your regular interview time.
To request an emergency interview in Istanbul you must first call the Visa Information Service at +90 212-340-4444 and schedule an interview appointment, and then email your emergency request to NivUrgent@state.gov.
NONIMMIGRANT VISA APPLICATION FEE
Your visa application fee is based on the type of visa for which you apply. You must review this list to determine the fee for your visa type. After you have determined the correct fee, please go to any TEB Bank (Türk Ekonomi Bankası) branch to pay the fee. The bank will give you a receipt for your payment, and you must bring the original receipt to your interview. We will not accept photocopies of your receipt. Please remember that this is an application fee; we will not refund your fee if you do not receive a visa. Please note that you do not need to pay the application fee if the following applies to you:
1) You have a diplomatic passport
2) You are a government official or eligible family member traveling to the United States in an official capacity
3) You are applying for an exchange visitor (J) visa to participate in an official Department of State sponsored educational or cultural exchange program
Due to Winter Weather the U.S. Consulate in Ankara has Suspended Regular Consular Services (January 10, 2012)
• If your American Citizen Services appointment is scheduled for today, please send a re-schedule request via http://turkey.usembassy.gov/acs-form5.html.
• If you are an American citizen with an emergency, please call 90-312-455-5555 to get in contact with our duty officer.
• If your immigrant visa interview is scheduled for today, you may come back on the next day for your interview or send a re-schedule request via http://www.usemb-ankara.org.tr/questiv.htm.
• If your non-immigrant visa interview is scheduled for today, and we have not contacted you to reschedule your appointment, please call the Visa Information Service at 90-212-340-4444 to re-schedule your appointment.